When Might Apostle Home Healthcare Be Needed?
A need for Home Health Services could be due to:
- A recent hospitalization requiring aftercare.
- A new or worsened disease or injury.
- A change in medications in the last 60 days.
- A change in condition which has made it a considerable and taxing effort to leave home.
- A change in who cares for the patient resulting in a knowledge deficit and the need for caregiver education and training.
Skilled Nursing services may be needed due to:
- Wound Care.
- IV Therapy.
- Diabetic Care.
- Medication Administration issues.
- Urinary Catheter Care.
- Ostomy Care.
- Disease process education.
A patient may need Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy due to:
- A decline in functional status, i.e. speech, ambulation, strength or endurance.
- Recent falls, fractures, surgery or stroke.